Powering the Reolink Camera Via A PoE Injector or PoE Switch!!!!
If you are not going use a Reolink Multi-Channel PoE NVR to power your camera’s then the camera will need power and data and this means running two cables, one for power and one for data. By using a PoE Switch or Injector this means only one single cable is needed.
A PoE injector or switch is not included with the Reolink Camera’s but here at GSMzone we can supply the PoE Injector or PoE Network Switch depending on your application.
Please note that PoE injectors and switches are limited to how many camera’s they can power, so when using a PoE Injector or PoE Switch check how many cameras you wish to run and also include for any additional cameras for the future. There is a limit for cable lengths too, each CAT5/CAT6 cable must not exceed 100m or 330ft per camera. For more information on cabling please see Which Cable For CCTV POE Security Systems
Connecting the camera to the PoE Switch / Injector is simple, plug the CAT5/CAT6 cable into the camera then into the PoE Switch or Injector and thats it. The PoE switch or injector must be contacted to a router or a network (LAN) to gain access to the camera (Internet access required for remote viewing). You must leave one port on the PoE switch for connection to the network or router.
Please refer to the standards Reolink support below:
- For Reolink RLC-423, RLC-423S, RLC-823A, you need to make sure that the PoE injector/switch is 802.3at compliant (48V) and supports active mode. (Also known as POE+)
802.3at (PoE+) can deliver up to 30 watts over Cat5 cables with 25.5 watts available to devices.
- For other Reolink PoE camera models, please make sure that the PoE injector/switch is 802.3af compliant (48V) and supports active mode.
802.3af (PoE) can deliver 15.4 watts over Cat5 cables.
- Do not purchase passive PoE injectors as they won’t work with Reolink PoE cameras.
- It’s better to use high-quality PoE injectors/switches.
A PoE Injector is normally only suitable for a single camera, the PoE switches can power multiple cameras but the more cameras you have the more power is needed from the PoE switch.
You can also power the camera by using a power adapter.
- For Reolink RLC-423, RLC-423S, RLC-823A, RLC-523WA the ratings of power adapter should be DC 12V 2A.
- For other Reolink PoE camera models, the ratings of power adapter should be DC 12V 2/1A.
Alternatively the other option and easiest solution is to power the cameras from a Reolink Multi-Channel PoE NVR this also provides 24/7 recording and monitoring.Shop NVR's