Visonic Powermaster GB-502 PG2 Breakglass Detector
The GB-502 PG2 is a wireless two-way acoustic glass-break detector for windows and glass doors, compatible with PowerMaster intrusion alarm systems and PowerG receivers. It delivers outstanding reliability in detecting the breaking of framed glass mounted in an interior wall of residential and small business premises, providing an additional layer of perimeter protection.
GB-502 PG2 is based on sophisticated, omni-directional acoustic pattern recognition and patented microphone technology that continuously listens to sounds and analyzes patterns. Employing a 3-stage, multi-level classification process, the detector accurately captures real events, delivering unprecedented reliability with near-zero false alarms.
A single wall- or ceiling-mounted detector can protect a room of 120 sqm / 1288 sqft, identifying the breaking of most types of window and door glass – including plate, tempered, laminated, wired, coated and sealed insulating glass. The sensor can be mounted as close as 1.5 m / 5 ft from the glass.
- PowerG two-way Frequency Hopping Spread Spectrum FHSS-TDMA technology – provides robustness and reliability closer than ever to wired detectors
- Large transmission range enabling repeater-free installations
- Battery life up to 5 years with typical use
- Visible link quality indication shown on the device reduces the installation time
- Proprietary microphone technology constantly listens to sounds and analyzes patterns
- Smart data analysis captures only real broken window/glass door events
- Complex classification process, utilizing high-power processing, minimizes false alarms
- A single detector can protect rooms of up to 10 x 12 sqm / 32.7 x 39.4 sqft
- Dimensions: 88 x 62 x 30 mm / 3.5 x 2.4 x 1.2 in
Note: To enrol the detector onto PowerMaster panels version 19.1 and lower, activate the battery, input the ID code as 160-XXXX (not 161-XXXX) into the ADD DEVICES menu on the control panel, then press the tamper switch on the GB-502, fit the cover of the GB-502. Panel should show a ‘tamper’ trouble and then ‘Tamper Restore. The device is now successfully enrolled. For panels version 19.2 and higher, simply input the ID 161-XXXX, the detector will auto-enrol when the battery is activated.